5 basic questions concerning silver 925 and the answers that will make any concerns you might have disappear.
- Is silver 925 actually… silver?
Yes, it is, at least by 92.5% to be exact. Silver 925 consists of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% of copper or other metals.
- Can a gold bracelet stamped 925 be of silver?
Once again, yes, as it basically consists of silver 925 and it is gold plated.
- How can I tell if a piece of jewelry is indeed made of silver?
Just look for the 925 stamp!
- How does silver 925 react with water?
Although silver 925 is quite resistant to water, in time you might discover it becomes dull or even oxidized.
- How can avoid my silver 925 jewels going dull?
Eventually you cannot avoid it since silver always loses its shine with time. Nevertheless, you can make sure to clean it regularly using a clean cloth and some lukewarm water, always making sure to leave it completely dry.
Discover our unique silver 925 collection in its dedicated section.
by Demetrios Sorlonis